I provide a comprehensive opportunity analysis of technologies and companies in the life sciences … Read More
August 22, 2014
Amicus Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FOLD) reported this week positive data from study 012 of its chaperone small molecule migalastat (Amigal) in patients with Fabry disease. Fabry is a rare disease that affects about 1 person in 117,000 people or about 5,000 patients evenly distributed between Europe and the United States. The hallmark of the disease is the accumulation of the substrate globotriaosylceramide (Gb3) in the kidneys. For more information on Fabry, visit this link.
July 4, 2014.
I’ll start the first valuation report of Iber Biotech with Aegerion (NASDAQ: AEGR). The company markets Juxtapid, a drug intended for the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH), an ultra-rare disease that produces extremely high blood cholesterol levels leading to a very high risk of heart attack and/or stroke.
- Morphosys (MOR.DE) and Merck Serono (MRK.DE) enter into immuno-oncology agreement. (cont’d)
- AstraZeneca (AZN) and Synairgen strike asthma deal.
- Kite Pharma (KITE) sets price range ahead of IPO.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX) gets a 3 month delay for Contrave’s PDUFA.
- GSK and Theravance (THRX) report positive Phase III data of ICS/LAMA/LABA combo in COPD.
- Circassia raises $332M in London IPO (CIR.L)
- Vectura (VEC.L) acquiring Activaero, raises GBP200M in placing.
- Venrock plans $200M fund.
- Tesaro (TSRO) and AnaptysBio team up on cancer immunotherapies for $125M
- Charles River to acquire Galapagos (GLPG.BR) service divisions