I provide a comprehensive opportunity analysis of technologies and companies in the life sciences … Read More
- Morphosys (MOR.DE) and Merck Serono (MRK.DE) enter into immuno-oncology agreement. (cont’d)
- AstraZeneca (AZN) and Synairgen strike asthma deal.
- Kite Pharma (KITE) sets price range ahead of IPO.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX) gets a 3 month delay for Contrave’s PDUFA.
- GSK and Theravance (THRX) report positive Phase III data of ICS/LAMA/LABA combo in COPD.
- Circassia raises $332M in London IPO (CIR.L)
- Vectura (VEC.L) acquiring Activaero, raises GBP200M in placing.
- Venrock plans $200M fund.
- Tesaro (TSRO) and AnaptysBio team up on cancer immunotherapies for $125M
- Charles River to acquire Galapagos (GLPG.BR) service divisions
Basilea Pharmaceutica is a public European biotech company listed on the SIX Swiss exchange under the ticker BSLN.SW As of Dec 13th 2011 it shows a market cap of CHF 315M (USD $333M). From its last financial report (6 months ended June 2011), it sits on CHF 243M cash, the debt/equity ratio is 0.44 and net loss is CHF 20M Basilea is currently developing several products in the anti-infective area and has one product commercialized for the treatment of chronic hand eczema (CHE) in a number of countries in parntership with global pharmaceutical companies. (Article originally published in December 2011)
- Bluebird Bio raises $101M in upsized IPO. Opens at $25.50 (BLUE).
- Prosensa amends IPO and sets price range (RNA).
- FDA to review BLA from Pharming/Santarus.
- Exact Sciences raises $67.9M in follow-on.
- Royalty Pharma ends hostile bid for Elan.
- AstraZeneca and NGM Pharma sign deal to develop diabetes drugs.